What is an Alkaline Water Ionizer?
Alkaline ionized water is a functional water that has been certified by the Ministry of Food and Drug Safety in Korea and Japan to have an improving effect on hyperacidity, chronic diarrhea, indigestion, and abnormal fermentation in the intestines.
In addition, there are more than 10,000 dissertations that show that it helps blood-related symptoms such as diabetes and blood pressure. The health improvement effects of ionized water is still being studied further.
The biggest characteristic of alkaline ionized water is that the cluster of water molecules are 1/3 the size of normal water molecules. When you drink water with small water molecules, they are more readily absorbed into the cells and cleans wastes better, making the water more efficient.
Another hypothesis is that the abundant amount of active hydrogen generated in the electrolysis process eliminates active oxygen, the cause of all diseases, from the body. That is, that the reducing power has an antioxidant effect.
How to Install
The water ionizer installation can be done in either one of two ways: connected to the faucet or connected directly to the cold water tap under the sink.
1. Installation of the water ionizer can be easily done by connecting the adapter (included in the box) directly to the faucet.
2. If you cannot connect the faucet adapter because the faucet is of a shower type or for more convenient use of the machine, you can install it by connecting the under-sink adapter included in the box to the cold water hose under the sink.
· The under-sink adapter included in the box is standard size. Sometimes, depending on the house, the under-sink water valve is 3/8” rather
than the standard size. In this case, you must purchase and install an additional 3/8 adapter from a hardware store.
Please refer to the video below for detailed installation instructions.
**After completing installation, drain the water for about 3 minutes with the setting on “purified” before use. Black water may come out for a while which is normal due to the activated carbon content in the filter. You can use it after allowing water to flow through the machine for about 3 minutes.
How to install under the sink
How to install to the faucet
How to check & adjust the pH level
How to use the machine
How to use alkaline water
1. Alkaline water level 1: pH 8.5, level 2: pH 9.0, level 3: pH 9.5 and level 4: pH 10. You can choose from the 4 levels of alkaline water.
The higher the alkaline level, the higher the mineral content and hydrogen content, resulting in a higher antioxidant effect.
- Children under the age of 10 can drink level 1 water.
- Normal adults drink level 2.
- If you have a disease such diabetes, or blood pressure or are trying to prevent geriatric diseases, choose and drink level 4.
- If you are drinking alkaline water for the first time after drinking water from a water purifier without minerals, or if you have a weak stomach, you may experience symptoms of stomach pain due to the change in water. To gradually adjust your body, drink level 1 alkaline water for about 2 days,and if you don't see any adverse effects, increase it to level 2 again and drink it for 2 days, then level 3 for about 3 days, and then go to level 4 to get used to it.
- For pre-weaning babies, choose the purified (mineral) setting.
2. Purified (mineral purified water) in alkaline water ionizers is mineral purified water containing minerals unlike water purified by general water purifiers.
Alkaline water has smaller particles than normal water and is quickly absorbed, so when taking medicine prescribed by a doctor, the medicine may be too quickly absorbed and may differ from the expected effect of the medicine. It doesn't matter if you take vitamins or general health supplements with alkaline water.
How to replace the filter
Do make sure your pH is leveled properly by doing the pH liquid test that was included in your box. (Alkaline 4 should be purple.)
Do replace your filter when it is time. Your machine will tell you when you are due for a filter replacement.
Do maintenance your machine by cleaning the electrode plates. We recommend you to do this every year.
Do contact our support team if you need help with anything at all. We can help you with installation, troubleshooting, and more.
ALKALINE IONIZER NOT WORKING?
Many technical issues can simply be resolved by disconnecting your electric plug. Wait five minutes and connect the plug back in. Wait 2 minutes before using and try testing the product again.